Share | 

My Sister's Keeper?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: My Sister's Keeper?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Anyone ever read?
Yes, this is an Adult book, but the story is amazing ! So if your in 8th Grade and above, great read (:

Another GREAT book by the same author [Jodi Picoult]:
The Pact.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:08 am

I get it rose. i just don't think your right.
Back to top Go down
Star2Be
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 2205
Nickname: : Katie
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: Far off Beauty- Nikki Harlow North Pole- Kyleigh, Noelle, Angel, Holly JMS- Skye, Melissa, Justin, Bailey, Kira, Bella, Edward. Lost- Ginger, Kallie. 15 Rory Place- Sophia, Demi, Taylor Berez Family- Kelsi 20 Kids- Heather, Julianna, Nikki, Kaity, Carson, Keely Ocean Breeze- Singger Family 10 Kids-

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:04 pm

I loved this book and the movie!!! I hated the endings in both though lol. The movie one made more sense though. The book one I felt was very forced. But the movie was soo sad! But I didn't cry!! Smile
And you know what's weird? I didn't findthis book to be an adult book at all. It was very easy to read, and the s.ex was not too prominent. I mean, it was there, but it wasn't much. Also, the cancer-based-theme didn't seem that mature to me either. It was incredibly saddening, but not "adult". I would classify this book as "teen" at the highest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/katiegskorner

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:36 pm

i ddin;t get to see it with my friedns but one of my friends told me about it....sadness
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:00 am

Rose why the heck would you give out the ending to everyone? Did you read half these comments saying they are going to read it?

And also, see, you obviously missed the entire meaning of the book. Dying isn't 'messed up'. Its part of the Fitzgerald's unhappy story, and unfortunetly, thats how the book was written. Seriously, you should've waited a couple years to read.
Back to top Go down
Star2Be
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 2205
Nickname: : Katie
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: Far off Beauty- Nikki Harlow North Pole- Kyleigh, Noelle, Angel, Holly JMS- Skye, Melissa, Justin, Bailey, Kira, Bella, Edward. Lost- Ginger, Kallie. 15 Rory Place- Sophia, Demi, Taylor Berez Family- Kelsi 20 Kids- Heather, Julianna, Nikki, Kaity, Carson, Keely Ocean Breeze- Singger Family 10 Kids-

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:18 pm

I agree, lily. To call dying "messed up" means you completely missed the entire point of thebook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/katiegskorner

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:28 am

If you even saw her post star you'd be seriously shocked. it basically said every major plot point of the book was horrible and messed up.
Back to top Go down
PWNED
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 8375
Nickname: : Rose
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: First Clan of the forest: ShadowClan;Petalfur, Roseheart: WindClan; Nightsky,Stormpelt: RiverClan; Iceheart, Iceclaw: Magic Cat clan: Roseheart,SunRise SparkleClan: Petalfur, Stormheart, Roseheart, Nightsky, Crowfeather MeadowClan: Frostheart

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:55 am

I think I actually put spolier around it if I was correct if it didn;t show up then I am sorry but I did put spolier around it

And yea maybe to you messed up won't exactly be a good way to umm I guess explain it but where I grew up its kinda normal to sya that we just grew up with diff people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: http://webkinzbeach.gooforum.com/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 am

i finished the book yesterday.
it was a book that deserves an A+++
i didn't want the book to end ;-;
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:51 am

first of all rose, it doesn't matter who we grew up with, so never play that card again. when you have a job are you going to tell the manager his report was messed up then cover your butt by saying you grew up differently? i think not.

did you cry furry ??? i did ! it was so good (:
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: http://webkinzbeach.gooforum.com/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 am

yes, i did. the ending was unexpected..
i also liked Campbell's excuses for Judge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:42 am

That's why it was so good ! And all the symbolic ends were tied up... -sigh- such a good book. And yeah he was great (; but taylor ambrose was epiccc<3
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 am

yes, it was. i cried at that part too ;-;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper?   

Back to top Go down

My Sister's Keeper?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2