Jacobluver
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 3146
Nickname: : JL, person, you
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: BASICALLY IM ONLY: jeep, and madio at this time sorry for being borring. Logan Beach Boarding School!: Rocky, Zach, Alyson

PostSubject: Do you need a good book?   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:34 am

First topic message reminder :

here is the place to come when you need a book or you have a book that you think people should read. please tell the age for the book it is appropriate for , genre, what its about, and maybe a pic of the book.
You can also ask me about ideas for books to read and i'll tell you (HUGE BOOK READER HERE!!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a good book?   Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:33 pm

Hey Jacobluver, with the other vamp books the glass house and the rest of them, I wouldn't read them if your under 23 and that's pushing it., I know your older but for others who want to. Very, Very........something.
Back to top Go down
Super Penguin

Female
Number of posts : 188
Nickname: : Penguin
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a good book?   Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:56 am

Okay I read 2 really good books!

1 of them is called Bounce and it's by Natasha Friend. It's good for people who are like my age, 11 or 12 probably. Here's a picture of the cover:

And the second one is called Summer Intern and it's by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman. It's for 11, 12 and 13. But it has a few cuss words in there, but it's still a really good book. Here's a picture: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/imageviewer.asp?ean=9780061153761
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarsky781
Chat Box Mod
Chat Box Mod

Female
Number of posts : 30
Nickname: : tarsky
DragonEggs : http://dragcave.net/user/Mr.Kit-Kitat
my scroll
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a good book?   Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:54 am

Hannah73 wrote:
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket is a great book series. It's good for 12+, as it has the villian kills guys. :( But it's a series w/ 13 books. You can find them basically anywhere!
I love those books!
My reccomendation is the Harry Potter books...
REALLY awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scoobyrocks1112
Admin's Assistant
Admin's Assistant

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a good book?   Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:01 pm

probably no one has heard of them but there called Pendragon by D.J MacHale. there a little confusing and long so id say about maybe 11-12 or up.

another is called Percy Jackson and the Olympians. those are really good series!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://webkinzbeach.gooforum.com/index.htm
lovin'orange
Geek
Geek

Female
Number of posts : 485
Nickname: : Denise
some of my friends call me diddy that name stuck to me since kindergarten
DragonEggs :

CLICK IT OR TICKET!!! Just kiddin'!!!
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a good book?   Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:31 am

Dos anyone know any good books for someone like me?
I'm a girl (obviously), I'm in 3rd grade, I'm 8, 9 in December, uhhh
What else do I like. . . *thinking* hmm, MY DOG! Well, I only like books that like is all words and stuff but just like some pictures, like when I hear something the author is describing but I don't get, Help me please!

I'm already reading:
The Puppy Place by Ellen Miles
Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborne
My Weird School by (i forgot)
Capital Mysteries by Ron Roy
The Adventures of Mary - Kate and Ashley
The Third - Grade Detectives by Steven Stanley
Eleven by (i forgot)
The Secret History of Tom Trueheart by (i forgot)
The Cul - de - sac Kids by (i forgot)
that's all that i remember
Back to top Go down
View user profile
holagurl175

Female
Number of posts : 16089
Nickname: : Natalie(Nat)
Princess<3
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: Moon HighSchool- Lorrraine

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a good book?   Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:35 am

Any good books ideas for something that deals with things like popularity, jealousy, romance, dance, teenager stuff, etc??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacobluver
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: BASICALLY IM ONLY: jeep, and madio at this time sorry for being borring. Logan Beach Boarding School!: Rocky, Zach, Alyson

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a good book?   Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:21 am

oh
welll
all of sarah dessen books are amazing like: just listen, lock and key, truth about forever, this lullaby, keeping the moon
oh and sara zarr : story of a girl and sweethearts
love this book about fashion and stuff: so yesterday by scott westerfield (love all of his books actually, this one isnt science fiction so you will like it)
twisted and speak was also really good, but i dont know if that is the kind of book you want, ill think of more soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacobluver
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a good book?   Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:22 am

here are the descriptions for all of sara dessens books
LOCK AND KEY
"Ruby, where is your mother?" Ruby knows that the game is up. For the past few months, she's been on her own in the yellow house, managing somehow, knowing that her mother will probably never return. That's how she comes to live with Cora, the sister she hasn't seen in 10 years, and Cora's husband Jamie, whose down-to-earth demeanor makes it hard for Ruby to believe he founded the most popular networking Web site around. A luxurious house, fancy private school, a new wardrobe, the promise of college and a future --- it's a dream come true. So why is Ruby such a reluctant Cinderella, wary and defensive? And why is Nate, the genial boy next door with some secrets of his own, unable to accept the help that Ruby is just learning to give?

JUST LISTEN
Last year, Annabel was "the girl who has everything" --- at least that’s the part she played in the television commercial for Kopf’s Department Store. This year, she’s the girl who has nothing: no best friend because mean-but-exciting Sophie dropped her, no peace at home since her older sister became anorexic, and no one to sit with at lunch. Until she meets Owen Armstrong. Tall, dark and music-obsessed, Owen is a reformed bad boy with a commitment to truth-telling. With Owen’s help, maybe Annabel can face what happened the night she and Sophie stopped being friends.

THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER
Sixteen-year-old Macy Queen is looking forward to a long, boring summer. Her boyfriend is going away. She's stuck with a dull-as-dishwater job at the library. And she'll spend all of her free time studying for the SATs or grieving silently with her mother over her father's recent unexpected death. But everything changes when Macy is corralled into helping out at one of her mother's open house events, and she meets the chaotic Wish Catering crew. Before long, Macy joins the Wish team. She loves everything about the work and the people. But the best thing about Wish is Wes --- artistic, insightful and understanding Wes --- who gets Macy to look at life in a whole new way, and really start living it.

THIS LULLABY
When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn't mess around. After all, she's learned all there is to know from her mother, who's currently working on husband number five. But there's something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy's rules. He certainly doesn't seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy just can't seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy's starting to understand what those love songs are all about?

DREAMLAND
Rogerson Biscoe, with his green eyes and dark curly hair, is absolutely seductive. Before long, 16-year-old Caitlin finds herself under his spell. And when he starts to abuse her, she finds she's in too deep to get herself out.

KEEPING THE MOON
Fifteen-year-old Colie is spending the summer with her eccentric Aunt Mira while her mother travels. Formerly chubby and still insecure, Colie has built a shell around herself. But her summer with her aunt, her aunt's tenant Norman, and her friends at the Last Chance Diner teaches her some important lessons about friendship and learning to love yourself.

SOMEONE LIKE YOU
Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she's carrying his baby, she's devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Their friendship may bend under the weight, but it'll never break --- because a true friendship is a promise you keep forever.

THAT SUMMER
For 15-year-old Haven, life is changing too quickly. She's nearly six feet tall, her father is getting married, and her sister --- the always perfect Ashley --- is planning a wedding of her own. Haven wishes things could just go back to the way they were. Then an old boyfriend of Ashley's reenters the picture, and through him, Haven sees the past for what it really was, and comes to grips with the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a good book?   

Back to top Go down

Do you need a good book?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2