WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGalleryCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Singing!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Singing!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:06 am

Hi. I am a SEMI-semi-professional when it comes to singing. I have auditioned for a Broadway show (Baby Louise in Gypsy) and I perform at local talent shows. I have memorized the FULL soundtracks of 4 Broadway shows (Wicked, Les Mis, South Pacific and Kiss Me Kate). So, is anyone as into singing as I am? I don't mean the obsession with the Jonas Brothers and other pop-singers. I mean being able to bear musical theater songs. Most people I know seem to think Showtunes are WEIRD *points to Kaikai*. Are there any geeks like me out there?

Singing Geeks:

~Bellatrix~
Star2Be
DramaQueen

What we're working on:

~Bellatrix~ is working on perfecting this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5liuHR6wug
Star2Be is working on perfecting:
"I Have A Dream" from Mamma Mia
"All You Wanted" Michelle Branch
"Scala de Terzi" (I can't remember how to spell it) Which is Italian, something I have to do for voice lessons
"Notice Me Horton" from Seussical
"Defying Gravity" form Wicked

So join, tell me what you like to sing, any songs you're working on, etc.

Last edited by ~Bellatrix~ on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Star2Be
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 2205
Nickname: : Katie
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: Far off Beauty- Nikki Harlow North Pole- Kyleigh, Noelle, Angel, Holly JMS- Skye, Melissa, Justin, Bailey, Kira, Bella, Edward. Lost- Ginger, Kallie. 15 Rory Place- Sophia, Demi, Taylor Berez Family- Kelsi 20 Kids- Heather, Julianna, Nikki, Kaity, Carson, Keely Ocean Breeze- Singger Family 10 Kids-

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:37 am

Hey, I am a Semi-professional when it comes to singing/performing. I take voice lessons every week. But, I am not a weird child star who's whole life revolves around performing. Many of my friends are like that, and have been on Broadway many times (ex- Jane Banks in Mary Poppins, Chip in Beauty and the Beast, Annie in Annie, Young Cosette in Les Mis, Marta in the Sound of Music, etc) . My mom and dad gave me the choice if I wanted to have an agent and manager, go on tour, take TONS of dancing, acting and singing classes (about quadruple what I take now) and give up my life to be an actress, but I chose not to. I have been asked to skip the first 3 cuts of a Broadway audition and just go to the the last 2 auditions, but I turned down the offer because I would have to leave school and be tutored, quit all my other activites, not be able to see my friends, and spend day after day on Broadway. I chose not to do that. I perform because I love it and am excellent at it, not because it is my job. I have entered and won radio singing contests, starred in many performances, won awards at recitals, I do take voice lessons, perform for charity events, sing at talent shows, cantor at my church, and sing the National Anthem for baseball games, but I do this all and still have a life. I will never do what my friends do. I love to perform/sing, and that's why I do it.

Oh yeah, I am working on these songs:

"I Have A Dream" from Mamma Mia
"All You Wanted" Michelle Branch
"Scala de Terzi" (I can't remember how to spell it) Which is Italian, something I have to do for voice lessons
"Notice Me Horton" from Seussical
"Defying Gravity" form Wicked
And more I'll put later!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/katiegskorner

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:43 am

Wow. You sound amazing. I'm pretty much done with perfecting Defying Gravity. It's one of my favorite songs. I usually don't get auditions because my voice is very mature sounding. Not exactly 10 year old-ish. I really would trade plaaces with you. I would love to have an agent/manager, but my dad is my agent for now.

I am trying to get some of my friends to join me to perform at local nursing homes, hospital etc. You are really a great role model for young actor and actresses.
Back to top Go down
Star2Be
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: Far off Beauty- Nikki Harlow North Pole- Kyleigh, Noelle, Angel, Holly JMS- Skye, Melissa, Justin, Bailey, Kira, Bella, Edward. Lost- Ginger, Kallie. 15 Rory Place- Sophia, Demi, Taylor Berez Family- Kelsi 20 Kids- Heather, Julianna, Nikki, Kaity, Carson, Keely Ocean Breeze- Singger Family 10 Kids-

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:47 am

Thanks! I've also done Defying Gravity, but I am harmonizing with myself now! Like, I perfect Elphaba's part (done that!) and then my voice teacher records it (done!). Then, we do Glinda's part and I harmonize to Elphaba! It's so cool! I did the one you posted last year, it's a really fun song! You'll like it a lot!
Thanks! If you ever need any advice, let me know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:54 am

Star2Be wrote:
Thanks! I've also done Defying Gravity, but I am harmonizing with myself now! Like, I perfect Elphaba's part (done that!) and then my voice teacher records it (done!). Then, we do Glinda's part and I harmonize to Elphaba! It's so cool! I did the one you posted last year, it's a really fun song! You'll like it a lot!

You mean Glitter and Be [happy]? I can hit all the notes, I'm just working on the breath control now. I'm like, gasping for breath at the end. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:11 am

I can't sing Musical Songs. I have to sing pop songs!!
Back to top Go down
Star2Be
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:39 am

~Bellatrix~ wrote:
Star2Be wrote:

You mean Glitter and Be [happy]? I can hit all the notes, I'm just working on the breath control now. I'm like, gasping for breath at the end. XD

Yup! [happy] lol! i think i actually did it more than a year ago, now that i think about it! maybe 2 or 3... not sure! what's your highest note before u go falsetto (if u don't know what it is, i tell you! xD)??? do u take voice lessons??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:34 pm

Holla, That's nice to know. I'm the oppisite.

Shut up, Kai. Les Mis doesn't 'stink', that is unless you consider well composed music bad compared to the 'music' you listen to. Les Mis is acclaimed by the people smart enough to listen to it without criticizing it. You have no reason to troll like that, and really should be punished for that. I'm surprised people here accept you. <.< If anyone isn't sadly biased towards her, PLEASE delete that post.It's not only spam, but unneeded and not related to the topic! :@

Oh my god. Everyone sings in front of something blah blah blah. The best I've done was about 250 people at my school. x.x I'm not familiar with the songs you're talking about, DramaQueen, but sounds good. =)

Star2Be, by Falsetto do you mean my head voice? Well. . . Not too high. But once I'm up in my head/soprano voice I can hit all the Glitter and be [Happy] notes. I can go pretty much as low as "I'm Not That Girl" and "I Dreamed a Dream" go. . . I think when I mature I'll be more Mezzo-Soprano than Soprano. XD

I'm REALLY angry, you know why? Because last year the weirdoes who ran the Drama Club only gave leads to the grade above me, no matter how bad they were. I'm serious, the girl who sang Popular made me want to die. And now, this year, they're not even doing the Drama Club. Grrr. . .
Back to top Go down
Nickjonas4ever
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 2063
Nickname: : Ayla, Allie,
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: witchita cai ~A family rp~ Joe, nick, kevin, lisa Mystic valley neighborhood: Crystal, sabrina, bella twilight shadows: Ayla, jacob?Citrus heights: Lisa, Duane, Nick, Joe, Kevin, Ayla. Glam glaz boarding school: Selena Gomez, Amy Renfield, Mrs. Coates, Mrs. Reich.Good girls gone bad: Jesse. Wizards of Waverly place: Ayla. Suite life of Zack and Cody: Ayla.Hollywood California: Joe, Nick, Kevin, Lisa. Margerettes dance academy: Nicole, Hilary.Twilight big cat rp: Bella, Alex, Edward. House of vampiers: Ayla. Jonas family: Ayla 21 kids, tons of chaos: Jamie avery, Rosa lynn, Brian andrew. The twilight shadows: Ayla, jacob Cary grove high: Crystal, amber Full house: Michelle tanner, rebecca donaldson, Steve hale. Neighborhoos of twins: Ayla, melissa. Sugar and spice bakery: Ayla City of ember: Ayla Hotel for dogs: Ayla Stranded on a island: Ayla jonas, and Amber snow, Save the forest: Buddy The squirrel, and Sugar the cat. Winx club: Techna? Clique Movie Rp, Only ** Open: Massie Block, And Fawn Swan: Cheaper by the Dozen: House Of Vampires: Ayla Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:24 am

i love to sing, and make up songs, but i have no idea if i am good at all xD.

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:03 am

Nickjonas4ever wrote:
i love to sing, and make up songs, but i have no idea if i am good at all xD.
Loving to sing is good enough. =P And making up songs is great. I stink when it comes to melodies, but for some reason I could be a good lyricist.
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: http://webkinzbeach.gooforum.com/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:53 am

~Bellatrix~ wrote:
Star2Be wrote:

lol.
i like almost all music genres..
and classical's in there too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:46 am

_furryfurby wrote:
~Bellatrix~ wrote:
Star2Be wrote:

lol.
i like almost all music genres..
and classical's in there too.

I'm glad to hear that. Especially glad that you're not a closeminded Hannah Montana freak. =S

Last edited by ~Bellatrix~ on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: http://webkinzbeach.gooforum.com/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:05 pm

ewh. hannah montana?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Super Penguin

Female
Number of posts : 188
Nickname: : Penguin
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:10 pm

Well, I am very shy and I could NEVER in a million years preform in front of people. But I do like to sing. Maybe I will make a video of me singing, so you guys could hear me, but I wouldn't actually have to be in front of anyone. I don't think I'm good enought to be on Broadway or anything, but I guess I'm okay.. I'll make the video later. I'll sing Bubbly by Colbie Calliat. =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Penguin<3 wrote:
Well, I am very shy and I could NEVER in a million years preform in front of people. But I do like to sing. Maybe I will make a video of me singing, so you guys could hear me, but I wouldn't actually have to be in front of anyone. I don't think I'm good enought to be on Broadway or anything, but I guess I'm okay.. I'll make the video later. I'll sing Bubbly by Colbie Calliat. =]
Well, y'know what's ironic? I can never perform just infront of people, but once it's onstage I explode. XD Like, these girls asked me to sing and I was freaked out, but whenever it's a 'real' performance, I can do it. Maybe it's that way with you. Can't wait to see the video! I'm going to voice some of the Webkinz singing (good or bad) in the Webkinz Idol I'm doing with my friend. Once we can get a working camera, that is. . .

Last edited by ~Bellatrix~ on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Super Penguin

Female
Number of posts : 188
Nickname: : Penguin
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:32 pm

~Bellatrix~ wrote:
Penguin<3 wrote:
Well, y'know what's ironic? I can never perform just infront of people, but once it's onstage I explode. XD Like, these girls asked me to sing and I was freaked out, but whenever it's a 'real' performance, I can do it. Maybe it's that way with you. Can't wait to see the video! I'm going to voice some of the Webkinz singing (good or bad) in the Webkinz Idol I'm doing with my friend. Once we can get a working camera, that is. . .

I don't think it's that way with me.. The only person who's ever heard me sing is my little brother. We always make Webkinz Idol together. I'm not sure when I will make the video, but it will be sometime soon, I hope! Maybe I'll go make it right now..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:43 pm

Penguin<3 wrote:
~Bellatrix~ wrote:
Penguin<3 wrote:

I don't think it's that way with me.. The only person who's ever heard me sing is my little brother. We always make Webkinz Idol together. I'm not sure when I will make the video, but it will be sometime soon, I hope! Maybe I'll go make it right now..

Oh well, at least people hear you sing. I know people who say they sound good, but get out of singing (and/or humiliating themselves) by saying "I'm too shy" or "I don't like the sound of my voice". Have fun with you video. =P
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 am

that's me.
i'm too shy, and maybe i don't like the sound of my voice.
my mom always volunteers me for karaoke
:P i hate it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star2Be
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:00 am

Cool everyone!
Drama, u did start voice lessons?? awesome! i remember last time we talked u didn't take them yet! i get lots of solos too. i am the youngets cantor in the history of my state (a cantor is the "soloist" in church who sings all songs by herself) and I love it! Also, I was the only kid ever in my school to get a WHOLE song as a solo, without auditioning! and i was the youngest kid in school to get an amazing part in the school play!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Star2Be wrote:
Cool everyone!
Drama, u did start voice lessons?? awesome! i remember last time we talked u didn't take them yet! i get lots of solos too. i am the youngets cantor in the history of my state (a cantor is the "soloist" in church who sings all songs by herself) and I love it! Also, I was the only kid ever in my school to get a WHOLE song as a solo, without auditioning! and i was the youngest kid in school to get an amazing part in the school play!
I officially HATE you. =)
You're perfect. PERFECT I SAY. >.< My voice lessons stink, and we can't quit because the guy is too nice. I get no solos. ;_; I get no extreme semi-fame. No. I get "Oh my goodness, you were so cute when you sang sweetie!" from the old people and "Great job!" from the guys at my temple. I don't get state records or anything!
Guess what? I the most unknown singer in the history of my state! And I don't get POOP in the school plays? Why? Because I'm a geek. A geek who is somewhat educated, who doesn't go with the flow, and most of all, doesn't watch Disney Channel. THAT is the reason no one really gives a turd.\
I hate you. In a friendly way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:27 pm

no i havent! *cry* my mom says when skol starts. like in oct-november.
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:32 am

i'm sorry bella :[
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star2Be
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:19 am

poor bella! *hugs*
lol "i hate you in a friendly way". xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:20 am

Star2Be wrote:
poor bella! *hugs*
lol "i hate you in a friendly way". xD
Lulz. Hehe, well my dad said auditioning is a paradox. They only want you if you've got nice stuff on your resume, but then how are you supposed to get stuff on your resume?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:55 am

i stillll hasnt gotton them. i think i should give up on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singing!   

Back to top Go down

Singing!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next